…aka “Who’s Got Two Thumbs and Is Way Ahead of The Wedding Planning Game? THIS GUY!”
To date, we have:
1) Discussed and set up our budget, including:
- Talking to the ‘rents about possible contributions
- Setting up the actual budget, including a breakdown of where we want to spend the most, based on our priorities
- Setting up a wedding checking account and credit card (in order to make deposits and be able to re-coup our funds in case of a vendor going out of business, etc.)
2) Put together a preliminary guest list, received preliminary guest lists from our parents, and already started to re-vamp our current guest list to make 275 guests or so (down from about 350)
3) Secured the church…and not just any church, a Cathedral!
4) Secured our reception site and caterer
5) Secured our photographer — in process. A more detailed post on her is coming right up!
6) Secured our DJ — also in process. A more detailed post on him is also coming right up!
7) Selected colors and theme–although this may change, we are not tying ourselves down to anything yet
8 ) Partially selected our wedding party
Time to go until our wedding: approximately 16.25 months!
I feel like it doesn’t look like a big list, but a lot of the biggie stuff is out of the way…which equals less stress down the road! So, fellow brides…how are your plans coming along?