Em over at Burning River Bride awarded me the Kreativ Blogger Award! I’m so honored! Thanks, Em!
To “accept” the award, the rules say I have to tell you 7 random things about myself, and then pass the award on to 7 other bloggers. Here we go!
1. I LOVE crappy weather. Seriously, rain, snow, wind, sleet…bring it on. I will take all that stuff over sunny weather any day!
2. I’ve been a dancer since I was 3…which means that collectively, I’ve been dancing for 23 years. Everything from ballet, tap and jazz, to poms and modern. I’ve done studio dance, team dance, and everything in between—and now I teach ballet to 3 year olds once a week and help coach a high school team.
3. I LOVE to read. I could probably do it for my full-time job, as I could easily finish 2-3 books a week if I had more time. (Secretly, I’ve always thought it would be AWESOME to be a librarian!) I read just about everything, but I love mysteries, political thrillers, and true crime. My least favorites? Chick lit…sorry Jane Green, but that just ain’t my thing!
4. I harbor a not-so-secret celebrity crush on Michael Douglas. Yeah, he’s old bones, but I think he is just divine in every movie he’s in! I also secretly love Martin Sheen. Gee, perhaps I have a thing for men who have played the President?
5. I get HIGHLY irritated with people who can select just ONE favorite tv show, movie or book, because I, my friends, have too many favorites to name. Seriously, how do you “one-love-wonders” do it?! Some of my favorite
TV Shows: Alias, Fringe, Law & Order SVU, Top Chef, The Office
Movies: THIS CATEGORY PLAGUES ME. Seriously, you cannot pick
just one movie out of ALL THE MOVIES EVER MADE. It is
IMPOSSIBLE, so quit irritating me by doing it! Some of my
favorites are: Pyscho, Silence of the Lambs, A Christmas
Story, The Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins
Books: Don’t even bother, there’s too many to list even a few. See #3.
6. My favorite holiday is Christmas, and I take it to a whole ‘nother extreme. Growing up, in the height of my mom’s equally large love for Christmas, my mom and I decorated our house with TEN (10!) Christmas trees…varying heights and sizes, but nonetheless, ten meticulously decorated and themed trees. Since then, my mom has down-sized her tree collection a bit (I think she does one full-size tree now, and various smaller ones), but mine has only just begun. (Last year, we had a 9-foot tree AND a 6-foot tree in our one bedroom apartment).
7. My biggest pet peeve? STUPID DRIVERS. Seriously people: don’t stop at an intersection where you DON’T have a stop sign, don’t go straight from a right-turn-only lane, and for godssake’s when you see a sign that clearly shows that your lane is ending, don’t wait til the last minute to get over. Know why? Because I WILL NOT LET YOU IN, you idiot—you should have gotten over sooner and it’s not my problem that you didn’t! So there.
And now, the bloggers I’d like to award. First, a note: this was a lot harder than I thought because I read a lot of nationally known blogs and don’t comment that often, so I am trying to nominate blogs of people I actually know (in the real world OR in the blogging world!) or have commented with. There are two exceptions to this rule in my nominations: This Casita—Mrs. Hydrangea from Weddingbee! and Unbridaled, a local Milwaukee bride who I always read but who has now become Miss French Fries on Weddingbee!
So, without further ado:
1. Sunshine Wellness (My little sister’s blog…check it out!)
2. Chandra’s Shenanigans
3. RhodeyGirl Tests
4. This Casita
5. Ashley & Tim in Wisconsin
7. Runaway Sara (She’s my marathon running partner!)