Happy New Year and welcome back, guys! I was actually around the blogosphere over the holidays, but many of my good blog friends took well-deserved blogging breaks. I am happy to see my Google Reader filling back up slowly but surely!
Things are ramping back up in wedding-planning land. Just today I did some quick research on florists and rehearsal dinner locations, got info on hotel room blocks and received an updated menu with prices from our caterer so we can think about scheduling our tasting! Needless to say, I am so psyched that it is 2010 and it is FINALLY the year we are getting married! So, without further ado, in honor of 2010, here are 10 things I am most excited about right now:
1) Walking down the aisle. Seriously, I cannot wait for this moment. I can’t wait to just sit back, relax, and enjoy becoming husband and wife!
(Random side note: wanna see a quick glimpse of our church? Take a look at this clip here. The Milwaukee Archdiocese just installed a new Archbishop and since our church is the head of the diocese, the mass took place in the same Cathedral we’ll be getting married in! Pretty sweet, no?)
2) The Parties. I love an excuse to get together with family and friends, so I can hardly wait for the shower(s? I am not sure if I will have more than one—maybe one for Dr. Groomy’s side in his hometown and one that my MOH is throwing? I don’t know, I am not sure how this works and who decides what, haha!), bachelorette, and rehearsal dinner, amongst other events.
3) Trying my dress on at my first fitting. I love my dress and can’t wait to see it again!
4) Finally getting to DIY. Finally, finally, finally, I can start working on the projects I have been saving up over our engagement. Among them: Save-the-Dates, Pomanders, Menus & Program Covers, Bathroom Baskets, Out-of-Town Bags, Reception Signs & Table Numbers, and some surprise projects too!
5) Engagement Photos! We will be scheduling these with our photographer to have them taken in the next month. So pumped to wear some posh duds and shoot in a (hopefully) wintry, city location!
6) CAKE TASTING. Enough said.
7) Taking my ladies bridesmaid dress shopping. Can’t wait to spend some quality time with my bridesmaids doing something actually related to the wedding!
8 ) Wearing my fabulous shoes. (Fingers still crossed for Zappo’s to pull through on sizing this week, otherwise I am calling up the flagship store next week!)
9) The wedding week. If all goes according to plan, I will have little or nothing left to check off the to-do list that week. I can’t wait to kick back and hang with Dr. Groomy and my family & friends and just bask in the glow that is wedding week!
10) Finally being husband and wife. The best thing about 2010? All this year I get to keep repeating these same words: “Next year at this time, we’ll be husband and wife!” Cannot wait. 🙂