Go ahead and rock out to the Glee cast while reading this post. It is, after all, about Confessions!
1. I am reeeeealllly looking forward to the Post-Wedding-Chop. In fact, I think I have the haircut picked out already. Dr. Groomy will hate it because it’s short, but I’ve always been a sassy, short-haired gal. Having hair as long as it is right now is, in a word, WEIRD.
2. Despite my love for the details, there really are some things I just don’t give a shit about. A prime example? How big the cake is. Our reception venue is very large, and I’ve been told I need to have a larger cake to make up for the room’s scale. Guess what? Neither I nor my wallet cares. More servings of sheet cake, please!
3. I use WordPress to host my blog, and I write my posts using Windows Live Writer. I know a lot of you use Blogger, which is awesome because you can use a lot of neat templates and cool buttons that you can’t currently use in WordPress. But I do have to say that I hate the Blogger comment forms! Many of them only let me put in my URL, instead of my name. Then I have to log into WordPress to be able to post my comment. I hate saying it, but sometimes, it’s just easier not to comment! My favorite Blogger blogs are the ones that let me enter “Name/URL” to comment. Too many security settings otherwise!
4. Speaking of blogs, I am already thinking about my post-wedding blog. Do I want it to be a newlywed blog? A health, food and fitness blog? A lifestyle blog? More importantly, what should it be called? Should I buy my own domain? So many options! So many ideas! What do you guys think?
5. This will probably get me in hot water, but it has really been bothering me lately, so I’m just gonna confess: I get really irritated when Bees don’t come back to the Weddingbee site to do their recaps after their weddings. I know, life gets in the way and you’re sort of “done” thinking about weddings. I know, weddings are huge, emotional events that are hard to put into words. I know, you have 4,000 photos to go through. Sorry, but I don’t care. Scratch that…actually, I do care. I care enough that I am annoyed. As an avid reader, I’ve invested time, thought, concern and feeling into reading about your wedding plans. When you never come back to tell us how it went, you are doing us, as readers, a huge disservice. 99% of you take the time to thank the Hive for all of our support before you get married, but it seems that a lot of you never come back to tell us how it went. Um, that sucks. I don’t know of anyone who “casually” reads Weddingbee…generally, readers get sucked in and invested. And also? There are hundreds of women who are dying to be Bees. When you don’t finish your “job” as a blogger by not doing your recaps, it means you’ve taken that opportunity from someone else who likely would have. Not professional…or cool. I know, it’s a volunteer position. It takes a lot of time and energy. But maybe that’s something to be considered before you apply or accept a position, because a ton of us want to be Bees but will never get the chance. If something legitimate has happened that you can’t do your recaps, at least come back and say, I can’t do my recaps. You don’t even have to tell us why, but seriously? Don’t just disappear. I hope this doesn’t sound like I am whining because I’m not a Bee. Really, I’m not. It’s just that I love the site and I’ve made so many great friends, both Bees and non-Bees, through the site. So when you don’t come back to tell readers the good, the bad, and the ugly surrounding your wedding, we are genuinely concerned and disappointed.
Whew, I feel much better now! What are your blogging confessions?